The data required to backup Drupal:
1. FTP server address
2. FTP user login and password
1. Your FTP server address you will find in "My Hosting" section.
Now that you have all the necessary data you may begin Drupal backup process:
The Drupal backup process consists of two parts: downloading all Drupal files to your computer and saving the database that Drupal uses.
1. Create a new folder on your computer that you can copy web files to.
3. Select and download all the Files from your FTP Server to the "web" folder on your computer.
Now you are done with the first part - saving your Drupal files. Let's go to the second part of the process and backup the database that Drupal uses:
4. Open sites/default/settings.php file, and search for 3 variables:
|'database' => 'database_name',||This is your MySQL database name|
|'username' => 'database_user',||This is your MySQL database username|
|'password' => '******',||This is your MySQL user password|
5. Create a new folder on your computer that you can copy database files to.
7. Log in using username and password from the 4th step.
8. Select database with the name from the 4th step on the left pane.
9. Press Export button at the top of the page.
10. Select "Add DROP TABLE / VIEW / PROCEDURE / FUNCTION" option.
11. Select "Save as file" at the bottom of the page and enter backup as file name template. Press "GO" button.
12. Save database dump file to "database" folder on your computer.
Your Drupal backup is ready!