Default Address (Catch-all Email Address)
How to Set/Change a Default Email Address Detailed Tutorial
1. : To access the auto responders menu, click on the Default Address icon on the EMAIL section at the main screen of your cPanel interface.
2. : From the drop-down menu select the (sub)domain for which you would like to set up a default address.
3. : Now you have several options.
- You can forward all unrouted mail to an email address; in this case, you should type in the address in the field.
- You can discard all unrouted mail with an error to the senders; in this case you should type in the message which will be sent to the senders.
- From the Advanced Options you can discard all unrouted mail, pipe it to a program or forward it to the system account.
4. : Click Change to apply your settings.
Please check the default email from time to time to ensure that it is not filled up with needed/unneeded messages.